Website Vita Inclinata Technologies
We seek software design engineers with a strong knowledge base in software engineering, robotics, aerospace systems, physics, control systems, prototyping, and creative thinking to join our engineering team.
If you would like to work with a dynamic team focused on disruptive, life-saving technology, come join our team today! Our close-knit team takes great value in collaboration, innovation, and unique approaches in pursuit of disruptive ideas and rapid prototyping.
The full-time position is located at our Denver office. Compensation package is negotiable based on experience and education. If you are looking to apply your engineering skill set to help save up to 24 lives per day, apply to join our team today!
Primary Job Duties
The ideal candidate has an intimate understanding of creating autonomous systems and takes great pride in alleviating human responsibility and error through automation of a process. In Vita’s application, this pertains to designing intelligent systems that actively counter random disturbances, resolving undesired motion in a flight environment. The ideal candidate is continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the embedded field, and looks to integrate discovered solutions. Specific duties include:
- Designing & implementing modern control theory on an embedded real time host system
- Developing bare metal embedded systems
- Developing device drivers & hardware interfaces for embedded operating systems
- Developing GUIs for internal debugging and end-user deployment
- Building and implementing software release unit tests, integration tests, and system level tests
- Developing digital signal processing & data fusion schemes for estimating device states
- Working closely with Vita Engineering on overall product development, designing to system level requirements, evaluating laboratory tests, and verifying finished products
- C/C++ programming on embedded systems, knowledge of build environments including make and cmake
- Strong experience/familiarity with embedded operating systems and their architecture (e.g. ARM or x86), Linux, and RTOS
- The core points of microcontrollers, including PWM, Watchdog, Timers, interrupt processing and registers, etc.
- Advanced object-oriented design knowledge and familiarity with common patterns
- Event-driven architectures
- GPIO & Communication Buses (RS-232, SPI, I2C, CAN)
- Machine vision techniques; experience with OpenCV
- Familiarity with Agile project management (SCRUM).
- Strong familiarity with data flow analysis, code coverage testing, verification testing
- Hardware interfacing and device driver development
- System software development – for kernel and RTOS applications (core if you believe RT may be critical later on, but probably won’t be.)
- Skilled with debugging, including JTAG
During helicopter hoist rescue missions, the rescuer, swimmer, or litter often undergoes hazardous motion due to the movement of the helicopter above, and other variables such as weather and rotor wash. The unrestricted multi-body motion problem greatly endangers the success of the mission, and moreover, the personnel involved. Vita Inclinata technologies is developing autonomous hoist rescue stability solutions for the DoD and commercial marketplaces.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org