We seek design engineers with a strong knowledge base in mechanical, aerospace, robotics, control systems, and creative thinking to join our engineering team.
If you would like to work for a dynamic start-up within the defense sector focused on developing a technology that will save lives, this is the team for you! We are a close-knit team with diverse backgrounds who take on challenges as a unit. Our design team values disruptive ideas complimented with rapid prototyping to demonstrate a unique approach.
The full-time position is located at our Denver office. Compensation package is negotiable based on experience and education. If you are looking to apply your engineering skill set to help save up to 24 lives per day, apply to join our team today!
Primary Job Duties
The ideal candidate possesses a vast mechanical and robotics system understanding and takes great pride in alleviating human responsibility and error through automation of a process. In Vita’s application, this pertains to designing intelligent systems that actively counter random disturbances, resolving undesired motion in a flight environment. The candidate is continuously learning and staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in the robotics field, and looks to integrate discovered solutions. Specific duties include:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Robotics) with a minimum of two (2) years of engineering work experience in electro-mechanical mechanism development and implementation in a hands-on/applied environment
- Frequently collaborating with Vita Design team on innovations, ideation sessions, design reviews, and testing protocols
- Develops electro-mechanical subsystems by studying requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electro-mechanical components; soliciting observations from operators
- Assures product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- A minimum of two (2) years of mechanical, mechatronics, or aerospace engineering experience
- Extensive knowledge of aerospace/mechanical design and manufacturing principles and techniques
- Knowledge and experience designing electromechanical systems
- Familiarity with electrical and software engineering principles and practices
- Hands on experience developing, building, and testing mechanical and electrical hardware
- Experience drafting mechanical drawings, GD&T experience is a plus
- Extensive CAD modeling experience (ideally SolidWorks)
- Experience utilizing MATLAB or other numerical modeling platforms for controls applications
- All-around problem-solving aptitude
During helicopter hoist rescue missions, the rescuer, swimmer, or litter often undergoes hazardous motion due to the movement of the helicopter above, and other variables such as weather and rotor wash. The unrestricted pendulum-like motion greatly endangers the success of the mission, and moreover, the personnel involved. Vita Inclinata technologies is developing autonomous hoist rescue stability solutions for the DoD and commercial marketplaces.
TO APPLY for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org